How often do you think about the condition of your carpets? Probably not as often as you ought to. We walk across them, our animals sleep on them, our kids play on them — think about how much dirt, dander and grime accumulates underneath the surface! While frequent vacuuming helps to maintain a clean carpet, there are some benefits that only professional carpet cleaning can provide.
Maintain a Healthy Home
- Rid your carpet of dust mites. Your carpet is a playground for these microscopic creatures. You often share your home with them without even knowing. Unfortunately, vacuuming isn’t enough to evacuate these little visitors. However, a professional carpet cleaner has the equipment to steam clean your carpet — killing and ridding your home of your unwanted guests.
- Extract trapped pollutants. Dirty carpets harbor several sources of indoor air pollutants, including dust, pet dander, aerosol remnants, and smoke residue. Frequent traffic on your carpet will agitate these pollutants releasing them into the air. Using cleaning agents, professional carpet cleaners will cleanse your carpet and remove deeply trapped pollutants.
- Prevent mold growth. Carpets that are exposed to frequent moisture either through high humidity or recurring spills are highly susceptible to mold growth. If not properly dried, the moisture will sink into the carpet fibers where mold and mildew will gladly make their home. Prevent mold and mildew growth with the help of a professional carpet cleaner and their high-powered cleaners and dryers.
Avoid Causing Unintentional Damage
- Don’t fray your fibers. These days, there’s always a DIY option. People love to save money and find a way to do it themselves. However, as an inexperienced carpet cleaner, you can often do harm to your carpet by inadvertently tearing and sucking up fibers. A professional has higher quality equipment and experience to avoid this damage.
- Dodge discoloration. When cleaning carpet yourself, it’s common to be inconsistent with your cleaning patterns. Cleaning one area more quickly than another can cause discoloration and an uneven overall pattern when dried. A well trained technician knows how to avoid this.
Help Your Carpets Last Longer
- Don’t let dirt sit. Allowing dirt, sand and other particles from the outdoors to sit in your carpet will accelerate its deterioration. Frequent vacuuming along with occasional visits from a carpet cleaning service will ensure that your carpets will look new and remain fresh.
- Treat stains appropriately. Stains can be very tricky to treat. Depending on the substance spilled, the home remedy solution or supermarket cleaners may not do the job properly. A professional carpet cleaning service has experience with all types of stains and has access to the solutions that will best treat your stain.
A clean carpet is important in maintaining a healthy home. We know that it’s not always easy to care for your carpets when you’re busy with work and family and other priorities. So take the pressure off yourself and schedule a professional carpet cleaning appointment with Morris Carpet Cleaning of Oregon.